- 6 Bacon slices, browned and crumbled
- 2 lbs. Beef Liver
- 2 Large Onions, sliced
- 1/4 c. Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Non-Seasoned Meat Tenderizer
- 5 Large Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp. Brown Gravy Sauce
- 2 c. Beef Broth
Slow Cooker Liver and Onions is one of those meals you either love it or not. Several in my family love it, so here you go and Happy Crocking!
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Set aside to drain and reserve 2 T. of pan drippings.
- Combine flour, salt & pepper, and meat tenderizer in a shallow dish.
- Dredge meat in the flour mix and brown in the bacon grease (both sides.)
- Transfer liver to a 4-5 Quart slow cooker.
- Add crumbled bacon and onion slices over liver.
- Next, add mushrooms and additional salt & pepper, if desired.
- Combine brown gravy sauce and beef broth then pour over ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours.
NOTE: You can add water if you like more liquid, and to make gravy thicker, mix cornstarch with a little water until smooth, and add to broth for gravy,