- 3/4 c. oats, steel-cut
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. strawberries, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. lemon extract (depending on how tart you would like your lemon)
- 1 – 2 T. sweetener (agava is what I used)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. lemon zest
Slow Cooker Strawberry Lemonade Oatmeal is so easy to prep, and great to wake up to in the morning.
- Spray your 1 1/2 – 2 quart crock pot with some oil the night before to help with clean up later, or use a slow cooker liner.
- Combine everything EXCEPT sweetener and lemon zest.
- Cover. Cook on Low over night 7 to 9 hours.
- When you wake up in the morning, your oatmeal may be watery at the top, stir well and it should become a uniform consistency.
- The berries will float to the top of the crock. Just mash them a little with the back of the spoon while you’re mixing the oatmeal.
- Stir in sweetener and lemon zest before serving.