- 14 oz. bag of cranberries (frozen is fine)
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Orange, juice and zest
- 1 tsp. ginger, ground (or 1 T. fresh)
- 1/4 c. raw honey.
- 1/4 c. coconut palm sugar
Bring this amazingly easy side dish to your next family holiday gathering. Great with roasted turkey, chicken, ham, even lamb!
- Wash fresh cranberries, then dry between towels to remove as much excess water as possible.
- Add apples, orange juice, orange zest, and ginger. Slightly stir, just enough to mix.
- Add honey and coconut sugar, stirring lightly.
- Keep lid on crock askew to let moisture escape. This will create a thicker sauce.
- Cover and crock on HIGH 2 hours or LOW 4 hours.