- 3 - 4 lb. beef roast
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. salsa
- 1 onion soup mix, envelope
- 1 onion, small (chopped or sliced thin) (Optional)
- 1 Italian dressing mix, envelope
- 1 Au Jus mix, envelope
- 12 buns
You will love this recipe as it is so easy and convenient for those nights when you’ve been busy all day, and need a quick delicious meal.
- Put roast in slow cooker.
- Whisk together water, salsa and seasoning packets. Optional: onion.
- Pour whisked mixture over roast.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8-10 hours, or High for 4-5 hours.
Serve on: small buns or 1 pkg. King’s Hawaiian Rolls, Sliced Swiss cheese (1 slice per slider), and/or Creamy Chipotle Sauce.
NOTE: Cut each Hawaiian roll in half and place on a baking sheet. Place a slice of Swiss cheese on the bottom half of each roll. Place baking sheet in oven with broiler on Low. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until edges of the rolls are golden and cheese has melted (watch closely so they don’t burn!). Remove baking sheet from oven. Place a spoonful of shredded beef on top of each roll with Swiss cheese on it.
Optional: Spread Creamy Chipotle sauce (recipe below) on the top half of each roll. Assemble each slider by placing the top half of the roll on top of the bottom.
Creamy Chipotle Sauce:
1/4 c. sour cream (can use fat free)
2 T. chili sauce
2 tsp. creamy horseradish sauce
Nutrition Facts include