- 5 c. macaroni noodles, uncooked
- 64 oz. chicken, broth, (optional)
- 1/2 onion, large, pureed or minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 c. skim milk
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 3/4 c. margarine, melted
- 32 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c. bacon bits
- 2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
When looking for that one recipe you want to make for the next reunion or for a large group of people, look no longer as Slow Cooker YUMMY Mac and Cheese is a perfect choice. Enjoy!
- Boil noodles of your choice in water. (Optional) Boiled in chicken broth for more flavor.
- Add minced or pureed onion and a dash of salt. NOTE: If you add a little olive or canola oil to the water or broth it will keep it from boiling over.
- Slightly beat egg, milk, salt, and pepper together. Set aside.
- In the microwave melt the butter, stir to mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the evaporated milk and butter with the egg, milk, salt and pepper that you set aside above.
- Drain the noodles and place in a large slow cooker. Spread evenly over the bottom of the crock.
- Lightly mix in the cubed Velvetta cheese and the Sharp Cheddar, making sure some of the cheese remains on the top.
- Pour the mixture from your separate bowl above over the noodles and cheese. DO NOT STIR.
- Sprinkle bacon bits over the noodles. DO NOT STIR.
- Spread the 2 c. of shredded cheese over all. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover. Cook for 5 1/2 on Low or 2 1/2 to 3 hours on High.
- If desired, 3/4 of the way through crocking, you can stir the Mac and Cheese to make sure it’s setting and blending correctly. DO NOT remove the lid until at you have reached the 3/4 mark of cooking, so the mixture sets correctly.
- Stir well before serving.