- 1 c. oat, steel cut
- 2 c. water
- 2 1/2 c. Almond milk
- 2 c. carrots, finely grated
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. pecans
- 1/4 c. raisins (or cranberries)
- top with vanilla Greek yogurt and maple syrup
Adriana P. F. was kind enough to share her recipe for Crock Pot Carrot Cake Oatmeal on my Facebook page. She said it makes the house smell so good. Thanks Adriana for sharing with all of us!
- Place Oats, water, Almond Milk, carrots, cinnamon, brown sugar, ginger, nutmeg and vanilla in a crock pot and stir to combine.
- Cover. Cook on “warm” for 6-9 hours (overnight). (NOTE: If you cook on Low, it will stick, or at least Adriana said her’s does).
- When you get up, pop in the raisins and walnuts and turn the heat up to Low.
- Cover. Cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.
TOP WITH: Vanilla Greek yogurt and/or maple syrup
NOTE: Sometimes Adriana said her kids like it a little sweeter, so she will add a little more maple sugar to theirs.
Provided by Adriana P. F., via facebook.com/crockpotgirl