- 12 eggs, beaten
- 14 bread, slices
- 2 1/4 c. milk
- 2 1/2 c. cheese, grated cheddar or monterey jack
- 1 lb. sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper, black
- 2 tsp. mustard (optional, but gives this recipe a zip)
Want an easy breakfast recipe to throw together, with things you almost always have on hand. Your family will love this Slow Cooker Breakfast Sausage and Egg Casserole.
- Grease sides of slow cooker with butter or spray, such as with Pam.
- Spread mustard on one side of the bread and cut bread into large squares.
- Layer in the slow cooker; bread, next cooked sausage, ending with a layer of cheese.
- Repeat step 3.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together.
- Pour over layers in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8-12 hours.
NOTE: If you like sausage, you may want to use more than 1 lb. of sausage! Also I found the mustard adds so much to the casserole, but be careful not to use too much!