- 12 eggs, beaten
- 14 bread, slices
- 2 1/4 c. milk
- 2 1/2 c. cheese, grated cheddar or monterey jack
- 1 lb. sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper, black
- 2 tsp. mustard (optional, but gives this recipe a zip)
Are you looking for an easy breakfast recipe to throw together, with things you almost always have on hand? Your family will love this Slow Cooker Breakfast Sausage and Egg Casserole.
- Grease sides of slow cooker with butter or spray, such as with Pam.
- Spread mustard on one side of the bread and cut bread into large squares.
- Layer in the slow cooker; bread, next cooked sausage, ending with a layer of cheese.
- Repeat step 3.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together.
- Pour over layers in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8-12 hours.
NOTE: If you like sausage, you may want to use more than 1 lb. of sausage! Also I found the mustard adds so much to the casserole, but be careful not to use too much!