- 2 shallots, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 29 oz. tomatoes, petite diced with Juice (2 - 14.5 oz. cans)
- 32 oz. chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 T. old bay seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1/4 c. parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp. pepper, black, freshly cracked
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 4 Lobster tails
- 1 Pint Heavy Cream (to lower fat, half an half can be substituted)
Love to make Crock Pot Lobster Bisque when I have guests over especially, as it is one of those delightful starters to a wonderful meal.
- Place minced shallots (half an onion if you do not have shallots) into the microwave on Hhigh for 2-3 minutes or until the shallots (onions) are wilted and starting to turn translucent. (or a skillet if you don’t have a microwave)
- Add shallots (onion) and garlic mixture to a 4-quart or larger crock pot.
- Combine tomatoes, chicken broth, old bay seasoning, dill, parsley, pepper & paprika and add to the crock pot.
- Cut off the fan part on the very end of the lobsters and add those to the crock pot.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours or on High for 3 hours.
- Remove the lobster tail ends and discard.
- With your blender or immersion blender puree the soup mixture to your desired chunkiness. (puree half until smooth and the other half just a light puree.)
- Put the soup back into the crock pot if you used a regular blender.
- Add your lobster tails to the soup.
- Cover. Cook for 45 minutes on Low or until the shells turn red and the lobster meat is cooked.
- Remove the tails from the soup and let cool slightly.
- While the tails are cooling, add the cream to soup and stir.
- Cut each lobster tail in half long-ways with a sharp knife and remove the lobster flesh from the shells.
- Discard the shells and roughly chop lobster meat and place back into the soup.
So So Good! Enjoy
Crock Pot Girl