- 2 T. Butter
- 2 Shallots
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 14.5 oz. Diced Tomatoes
- 6 oz. Tomato Paste
- 32 oz. Seafood Stock
- 1/2 c. Water
- 2 tsp. Tarragon
- 2 tsp. Thyme
- 1/4 c. Flat-Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. White Pepper
- 3/4 tsp. Paprika
- Meat from 4 Lobster tails
- 1 Pint Heavy Cream
- 1/2 oz. Sherry, per serving
I love making Slow Cooker Lobster Bisque when I’m entertaining or having a special dinner at home. Sometimes my honey and I “divide and conquer” – he’ll grill steaks and I’ll make the bisque and salad. It always makes for a delicious dinner.
- Place butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Mince shallots.
- As butter starts to melt, add shallots and sautee. Next, add garlic and cook for just 1-2 minutes. Make sure the heat is no higher than Medium so you do NOT burn the garlic! (If you accidentally burn the garlic, pitch it and start over!)
- Add shallots (onion) and garlic mixture to a 5-Quart slow cooker.
- Pour seafood stock into slow cooker.
- Next add seasonings: Tarragon, Thyme, Pepper & Paprika to the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours or on High for 3 hours.
- Use an immersion blender to slightly puree soup to your preferred texture. Cover with lid again and turn heat to HIGH.
- Cut the lobster tails in half and remove flesh. Discard tails and cut off any veiny pieces from the flesh. Chop into bite-sized pieces. (Note: You can also freeze the lobster tails and make your own seafood stock another day!)
- Add lobster pieces to the slow cooker.
- Cover and Cook on HIGH for 20 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
- Stir heavy cream into the soup.
- Serve in individual bowls. Top with 1/2 oz. sherry in each bowl, if desired.
So So Good! Enjoy