- 1 lb. lima beans
- 8 c. water
- 1 ham bone, alternative bacon
- 1 c. celery, chop finely
- 2 potatoes, medium, chop finely
- 1 carrot, medium, chop finely
- 1 onion, chop finely
- 2 T. parsley, fresh, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground pepper (fresh)
- 1 bay leaf
Slow Cooker Lima Beans are a great side dish to serve with any dinner.
- Wash dried beans, and soak overnight as pictured.
- Drain beans and transfer to the slow cooker
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT fresh parsley.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 10 hours.
- Remove ham bone and bay leaf.
- Pull all meat off the ham bone to add back to soup.
Just before serving, stir in fresh parsley.