- 3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 8 c. Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tsp. Minced Fresh Ginger
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 4 oz. Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 Green Onions, sliced
- 2 T. Coconut Aminos or Tamari
- 3 T. Rice Vinegar
- 3 Eggs + 1 Egg Yolk at room temperature
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
I love the blend of flavors in this delicious Slow Cooker Egg Drop Soup. YUMMY!
- Place chicken, broth, onion, ginger and seasonings in a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Cover and cook on High for 4 hours, or on Low for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. Set aside and keep warm.
- Stir in remaining ingredients EXCEPT eggs.
- Cover and cook for another 30 minutes on Low.
- While soup is cooking, briskly whisk eggs in a small bowl.
- Whisk soup while very slowly pouring in the eggs.
- Cover – DO NOT STIR for 15 minutes.
- To serve, place about 1/4 c. shredded chicken in a bowl and top with egg drop soup.
Serve and garnished with cooked rice and additional green onions, if desired.