- 2 medium delicata squashes, peeled, seeded, and diced.
- 1 c. of sun dried tomatoes.
- 1 T. of tomato paste.
- 1 c. of water.
- 2 tsp. of cumin.
- 1 tsp. of cayenne pepper.
- 1 tsp. of chili powder.
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
Say what?! Get your refried bean fix without cheating on your Paleo ways! This very flavorful side dish is a great accompaniment to any Main Dish.
- Soak sun dried tomatoes in water for at least 1 hour in a small bowl.
- Add diced squash, tomato paste, sun dried tomatoes and soaking water to your slow cooker.
- Add cumin and stir.
- Cover. Crock on Low for 3 hours.
- Mash ingredients with a potato masher.
Note: Add mix-in’s like bacon, onion, or peppers to suit your taste!