- 2 Large Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
- 4 Slices of Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 11oz. Sun Dried Tomatoes in olive oil, chopped
- 1 c. Water
- 1 T. Cumin
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp. Garlic Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
Say what?! Get your refried bean fix without cheating on your Paleo ways! This very flavorful side dish is a great accompaniment to any Main Dish.
- Place diced squash in a 5-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Pour remaining ingredients over potatoes and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours or until potatoes are soft enough to mash.
- Mash ingredients with a potato masher and add additional hot water if needed for texture.
Note: Add mix-ins like bacon, onion, or peppers to suit your taste!