- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. pork sausage
- 1 onion, large, diced
- 1 green pepper, large, diced
- 2 T. chili powder, ground
- 1 c. water
- 2 beef bullion cubes
- 45 oz. pinto beans, canned, undrained (3-15 oz. cans)
- 45 oz. beans, great northern, undrained (3-15 oz. cans)
- 1 Level T. cornstarch mixed in 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste
In the Autumn season, we make a lot of chili, and I was happy to find this delicious recipe of Slow Cooker Chili with NO Tomatoes. A differnt twist on a great recipe.
- In a 5 1/2 – 6 quart crock pot combine beans, bullion cubes, water, onions, green peppers and chili powder.
- Brown ground beef and pork sausage, drain off fat.
- Transfer meat combined with the bean mixture
- Cover. Cook on High for 6 hours.
- Reduce heat to Low for an additional 2 hours.
- Turn off and let cool for about 15 minutes, then stir in cornstarch and water mixture.
- Set aside to cool and then you can refrigerate overnight.
Serving Suggestion: Can be eaten right away or reheated the next day… is even better the second day! Great recipe to make ahead of time for guests!