- 1 lb. Italian sausage, mild or sweet
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 16 oz. tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz. tomatoes with juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano (Italian or Mexican)
- 1 tsp. dried sweet basil
- 16 oz. Mostaccioli
Enjoying a delicious Italian meal! Your guests will rave when you serve them Slow Cooker Mostaccioli, with a side salad and fresh bread.
- Brown Italian sausage and ground beef, adding in onions, draining grease when browned.
- Combine all ingredients, EXCEPT pasta, into the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Check the sauce in the slow cooker near the end of the cook time, adding a little water, if needed.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until tender.
- Drain and serve hot pasta with sauce.