- 2 lbs. chicken thighs, skinless and boneless, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1/8 c. orange juice
- 4 T. gluten-free Soy Sauce
- 3 T. honey
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2" piece fresh ginger, grated (or a few pinches of ground ginger)
- 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. red chili paste
- 2 T. arrowroot powder
- salt and pepper
Feeling in the mood for Asian comfort food? Try this Orange Chicken recipe that the whole family will enjoy!
- Place chicken in bottom of crock.
- Mix remaining ingredients except arrowroot powder together in a large bowl. Dump mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Cover and crock on LOW 7-8 hours, or on HIGH for 4 hours. Make sure chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove chicken from crock and set aside. Add the arrowroot powder to the liquid left in the crock and mix together well. Cook on HIGH for another 15 minutes to thicken.
- Serve the chicken over some riced cauliflower or steamed broccoli and carrots and ladle the orange sauce over the top.
Crock Pot Girl