- 4 lbs. strawberries, fresh (or your favorite seasonal berries)
- 3 c. sugar, (I use Stevia equivalent)
- 1 - 2 1.75 oz. pectin, boxes (can use HTF sugar-free version)
Slow Cooker Strawberry Jam is great as a topping for toast or on ice cream! You will love it!
- Wash all of the strawberries or berries of your choice, and cut out the stems.
- With a potato masher, mash the strawberries (berries) to create some liquid.
- Add the sugar or (sugar substitue) and 1 box of pectin and smash more.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 10-12 hours.
- If your berries are still not jelling the way that you would like them to, add the other 1/2 box to a full box of pectin.
- The way to test the “jell” put a small amount in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Place finished product in hot canning jars or containers if you would like to give away as gifts.
Quarter and place in slow cooker.
If you don’t have a potato masher, use a hand mixer.
NOTE: Keep jam in the freezer if you’d like it to top toast and sandwiches, or in the refrigerator for more of a syrup or ice-cream topping.