- 4 bone-in chicken breasts and thighs
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 c. carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2-3 sprigs thyme
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary
- 3 bay leaves
- 15 whole peppercorns
- 1-2 T. kosher salt
When you have a high-quality, homemade chicken broth on hand for recipes, there is just no comparison. Do yourself a favor and assemble Slow Cooker Chicken Broth today. You won’t regret it!
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker and cover with water.
- Cover and crock on High 4 hours or Low for 8 hours.
- Strain liquid over large pitcher or bowl. Discard vegetables, peppercorns, and herbs.
- Save cooked chicken to use for chicken salad or any other dish or slow cooker recipe!
- Store chicken broth in mason jars and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for several months.
- Fat that rises to the top of your storing jar or container is removed easily after chilling.