- 2 c. crab meat, flaked and picked
- 2 c. whole milk
- 2 c. half and half
- 3 T. butter
- 2 strips of lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. ground mace (substitute for mace would be nutmeg)
- Salt, to taste
- White or black pepper, to taste
- 2 T. sherry (optional)
- 1/2 c. crackers, crushed
If you love cream soups, Slow Cooker Easy Cream of Crab Soup will be at the top of your list.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT sherry and crushed crackers in slow cooker. Stir well.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 3 to 5 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in sherry and cracker crumbs to thicken.