- 1 lb. 12 oz. package italian style meatballs, frozen precooked, thawed (38 meatballs)
- 1/2 c. onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1 oz. onion soup mix, envelope
- 12 oz. beer, or 12 oz.non-alcoholic beer
- 12 hoagie rolls, split
- 3 c. cheese, Swiss. shredded (12 ounces)
Delicious Slow Cooker Bavarian Meatballs can be served as an appetizer or as a sandwich. So GOOD!
- Mix the meatballs, onion, brown sugar, soup mix and beer in a 3-1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until heated through.
NOTE: If you want to make the sandwiches: Place 6 meatballs on each bun. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of Swiss cheese. Place on baking sheets. Broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cover each with bun top. YUMMY!