- 4 chicken breasts, can be frozen
- 14 oz. diced tomatoes, canned, undrained (have used Rotel too!)
- 4 oz. green chilies
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. cheese (cheese of your liking)
- 2 T. butter, melted or olive oil
Need something to serve on that week night when everyone is going a different direction? A favorite at my house are these Slow Cooker Chicken Quesadillas!
- Spray a slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts (thawed or frozen) in the crock.
- Combine the diced tomatoes, green chilies, and cream cheese and place on top of the chicken.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High for 3-4 hours.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove and shred using two forks.
- Put the shredded chicken back in the crock (mix well and it will absorb some of the juices so it’s not as runny) and keep warm until ready to make Quesadillas.
- To make Quesadillas: Heat a skillet over medium heat. Top half of each tortilla with cheese and a scoop of the chicken mixture (using a slotted spoon so that you eliminate as much of the juice as possible).
- If you want some heat, add some chopped jalapenos to the Quesadillas.
- Fold the tortilla over and press down. Lightly brush melted butter (or olive oil) on both sides.
- Cook filled tortillas (3-4 minutes each; until they are golden brown), turning once.
Serve with your favorite salsa, guacamole, scallions, and sour cream.