- 8 small Granny Smith apples, cored and quartered
- 1 c. dates, chopped (make sure to buy whole dates)
- 1 c. pecan pieces
- 1 c. dried cherries, or other dried fruit you like
- ¼ c coconut oil, melted
- ¼ c. agave nectar or other preferred natural sweetener
- ½ cup filtered water
This one falls under the Dessert, Breakfast, or Power snack categories! Serve with coconut milk ice cream for a decadent dessert that you can feel good about eating!
- Place quartered apples into a large crock. Next, add the dates, pecans, and dried fruit.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and nutmeg over top.
- Next warm coconut oil and agave nectar in small saucepan, stirring often, over low heat. Pour this onto the top of the apple mixture in the crock.
- Pour in filtered water.
- Cover and crock on HIGH for 3 hours. or on LOW for 6-8 hours if you prefer a mushier apple.
Love, Crock Pot Girl