- 2 lbs. chicken breast, boneless, skinless (about 8)
- 3 c. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, large, chopped
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. dry red wine
- 2 T. tapioca, quick-cooking
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. basil, dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- Green and Red Peppers for color (optional)
- Hot cooked noodles or rice (optional)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
Slow Cooker Chicken with Mushrooms over noodles or rice makes a delicious week day meal. Delicious!
- Place Chicken, mushrooms, onion, tomato paste, broth, wine, tapioca, garlic, sugar, basil and salt and pepper in crock.
- Optional: add red and green peppers.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7-8 hours, or on High for 3-4 hours.
Serve over noodles, pasta or rice, if desired. Garnish with cheese.
Optional: Serve Chicken breast whole or shredded/cubed. If shredded/cubed, remove and shred/cube and stir back in the sauce before serving. Also if shredding/cubed chicken, I chop the mushrooms too! Pictured with cubed chicken…