- 2-4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 onion, medium, sweet, sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper, seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. oregano, dried
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 c. yogurt, plain
- Pita Bread, cut in half
Hubby is a big fan of the Pita Sandwich, therefore when I found Slow Cooker Greek Pita Chicken Sandwiches I had to make it.
- Place chicken in greased 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Layer onions over chicken and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
- Chop or shred chicken apart with two forks and stir in yogurt.
- Spoon into warm pita bread halves.
- Garnish with Roma Tomato an cucumber slices.
Serve with salad greens topped with crumbled feta cheese and olives. Also, love avacados and apples in ours! Use the toppings of your choice..