- 29 oz. pumpkin puree, canned
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 c. white sugar
- 2 T. molasses
- 12 oz. evaporated milk, canned
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- or 3 - 4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. salt, optional
- 1/4 c. brandy, optional
- 18 1/4 oz. spice or carrot cake mix
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans, optional
- 1 stick melted butter, (1/2 c.)
This time of the year, I make anything I can with PUMPKIN! This Slow Cooker Pumpkin Dump Cake is often requested AND it’s super easy. Slow cooking it makes this dessert turn out very moist. Make it for your family or bring it to your next potluck. Everyone is sure to love it!
- Spray a large slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, sugars, molasses, milk and spices (along with the brandy, if desired) with a fork or spoon.
- Mix in the pumpkin puree until all is well blended.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into the slow cooker insert.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture and level.
- Sprinkle nuts, if desired, over the cake mix.
- Drizzle melted butter over top of dry cake mix.
- Cover. Cook on High for 3 – 3 1/2 hours or on Low for 5 – 6 hours until the top cracks.