- 4 c. stale French bread cubes
- 2 c. vanilla-flavored almond milk (or milk for non-vegans)
- 16 oz. pumpkin, solid packed, canned
- 3/4 c. brown sugar, firmly packed light brown (or a natural sweetener)
- 1/4 c. Bourbon
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Slow Cooker Bourbon Spiked Pumpkin Bread Pudding is a perfect dessert for the holidays in the fall! Delicious!
- Press half the bread cubes into the bottom of a lightly oiled 4-quart slow cooker.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk until hot, but do not let it come to a boil.a Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin, brown sugar, bourbon, vanilla, spices, and salt. Blend well, then slowly add the hot milk, stirring constantly.
- Carefully pour half the pumpkin mixture over the bread and push the bread pieces down beneath the mixture to moisten them.
- Repeat with remaining bread and pumpkin mixture.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 3 hours or until firm.
- Turn off the slow cooker and let the pudding sit, covered, for 20 minutes before serving.
NOTE: When I make this I will use more spices next time, but kept the recipe the same as some may not like more spices like I do…