- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 1 sweet pepper, medium, yellow, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T. olive oil
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 30 oz. black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 c. turkey, cooked, cubed
- 15 oz. pumpkin, solid pack
- 14 1/2 oz. tomatoes, diced, undrained
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 tsp. parsley flakes, dried
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
If you love black beans, you will love Slow Cooker Pumpkin Black Bean Chili.
- In a skillet, saute the onion, yellow pepper, and garlic in oil until tender.
- Transfer to a 5 quart slow cooker; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4-5 hours or until heated through.
Serving Suggestion: Great with corn bread!