- 2 lb. beef, stewing lean meat, trimmed an cubed
- 2 onions, large, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, large, peeled and diced
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 15 oz. tomatoes, peeled, canned
- 1 T. tomato puree
- 1 T. dried herbs (i.e. rosemary or herb of your choice)
- 2 T. paprika, sweet red
- 2 T. garlic powder or 2 peeled crushed fresh garlic cloves
- 1 c. red wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream
- German noodles
Love comfort food, and Slow Cooker German Goulash is just that! Served with a delightful salad, and warm bread and your meal is ready.
- Place the potatoes in the bottom of slow cooker, then meat, carrots, onion, and tomato sauce (peeled tomatoes with puree) on top.
- Top with herbs and spices.
- Pour on wine.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-7 or on High for 4-5 hours.
Serve with Sour Cream and German noodles.