- 1 T olive oil
- 1-2 lbs. Italian sausage
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 bell peppers (any color-or a variety is great)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. sea salt
This Italian comfort classic of Slow Cooker Paleo Sausage and Peppers is so versatile, below you will find an easy-to-follow recipe that is packed with flavor for a simple weeknight meal.
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat and slightly brown the sausage on both sides–it does not have to be cooked through–set aside to allow to cool.
- Add bell peppers and onions to pan and saute for 3-4 minutes. After 3-4 minutes, add the minced garlic and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer everything to the slow cooker.
- After sausage has cooled, cut into 1-inch rounds and place in crock with the peppers and onions.
- Add remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Cover and crock on Low 4-5 hours.