- 1 lb. Sausage
- 32 oz. Shredded Hash Browns, frozen
- 12 Large Eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c. milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 c. Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
This is the easiest breakfast casserole recipe for the slow cooker and it is SO tasty! Slow Cooker EASY Breakfast Casserole has only five ingredients (+ Salt & Pepper)!
- Cook the sausage and place on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb the grease.
- Layer the ingredients by placing 1/3 of the hash browns in the bottom of the slow cooker, followed by 1/3 of the cheese and topped by 1/3 of the sausage.
- Repeat layers until you have used all the sausage, hash browns and cheese.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture over the layers in the slow cooker.(NOTE: You can use two cartons of egg substitute in place of the eggs/milk, if desired.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Cover & Cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.
NOTE: If desired, you can substitute another breakfast meat like ham or bacon!
NOTE 2: Suggested by reader to lightly salt this recipe.