- 3 lb. pork shoulder, roast, or tenderloin.
- 1 chipotles in adobo sauce, small can
- 8 oz. crushed pineapple (juice and all), canned or 2 cups of fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 c. onion, diced
- 1/2 c. orange juice, or the juice of two large oranges
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp.oregano
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp.black pepper
- 1 tsp.sea salt
Taco Night is sure to become a tradition in your home after indulging in these light and flavorful island-inspired pork tacos.
- In a blender, mix chiles, pineapple, orange juice, garlic, onion, vinegar, and spices.
- Puree marinade until smooth.
- Trim excess fat off pork.
- Place pork in gallon plastic zip bag and pour in marinade.
- Make sure pork is evenly coated and seal bag tightly.
- Marinate pork for 2 or more hours; overnight is best.
- Empty pork AND marinade into slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred or slice pork, mixing in marinade and juices.
- Serve in crisp lettuce wraps or Paleo Wraps.
- Garnish with salsa, onion, red cabbage, or cilantro.