- 3 1/2 c. apple juice or cider (if using cider watch to make sure it does not get too strong)
- 3 c. aprcot nectar
- 1 c. peach nectar (or additonal apricot nectar)
- 1/4 c. water
- 3 T. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, ground
- 2 cinnamon sticks (about 3 inches)
- 1 tsp. gingerroot, finely chopped, fresh
- 1 tsp. orange peel, grated
- 8 cloves, whole
- Lemon or Orange slices (Optional)
I got this recipe from the Taste of Home magazine, and must give them full credit, as Slow Cooker Spiced Ambrosia Punch is delicious. I love the apricot and peach nectar flavors.
- Combine apple juice, nectars, water, lemon juice, cardamom and nutmet in a 3 – 4 quart slow cooker.
- Place cinnamon sticks, ginger, orange peel and cloves in a double thickness of cheesecloth and tie all corners to enclose the seasonings. Tie securely with string.
- Place securely tied bag in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
- Remove the spice bag and discard.
Serve warm with a slice of lemon or orange, if desired. or…. over ice! I prefers it Hot!