- 20 oz. pineapple chunks, packed in juice
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, large, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 bell pepper, red, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 lb. pork loin, boneless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 T. packed brown sugar
- 2 T. rice vinegar
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 2 T. tapioca, quick-cooking, crushed
- 1 T. soy sauce, low-sodium
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- Garnish with green onions, optional
When you are looking for a Delicious recipe, you must make Slow Cooker Delicious Sweet and Sour Pork. The pineapple mixed wth all the spices is simply devine!
- Drain pineapple chunks and reserve juice.
- Refrigerate pineapple chunks until ready to use.
- In a 4 quart slow cooker, combine carrot, onion, red bell pepper, and pork.
- In a bowl, stir together the reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar, rice vinegar, tomato paste, tapioca, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, salt, and sesame oil.
- Pour over the vegetables and pork.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Stir in reserved pineapple chunks.
- Taste for seasoning, adding additional salt if needed.
NOTE: I used both red and green peppers for added color.
Great served over rice or noodles, along side steamed broccoli. YUM!