- 2 T. grass-fed butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 c. sweet bell pepper
- 4 c. free-range chicken broth (or homemade)
- 1 parsnip, diced
- 1/3 tsp. thyme
- 4 oz. green chiles, drained
- 1 c. frozen corn
- 12 oz. crabmeat, canned works well
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder or paste
- dash salt and pepper
- 1 c. coconut milk (canned)
- avocado slices or scallions for garnish
I promise you that you will love Slow Cooker Paleo Crab & Corn Chowder. I cannot promise you that it will last. Better double this recipe if you like leftovers!
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until they are translucent, then scrape onions and butter into crock.
- Add all other ingredients to crock, EXCEPT coconut milk and (optional) avocado.
- Cover. Crock on Low for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, add coconut milk, stir well, and remove crock insert from base.
- If you desire a smooth, pureed soup, use a stick blender to puree soup lightly while in crock, or remove 1/2 of soup from crock and blend in blender until smooth, then add back to the crock and mix well.
Optional: Garnish with fresh avocado slices.