- 2 lb. any beef roast, I used Top Round (use Grass-Fed for true Paleo)
- 1 Lg. Sweet Onion, sliced
- 8 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 c. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 c. Filtered Water
- 2 T. White Wine
- 2 T. Coconut Oil
- Seasonings for rub (Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Smoked Paprika)
Why spend lavishly on a night out when you can make something just as good (if not better!) right from the comfort of home? This one is sure to impress a first date, the in-laws, or save for a night to surprise your honey.
- Generously season both sides of the roast with Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Smoked Paprika.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sear each side of the roast for a few minutes
- Place sliced onions in the bottom of the slow cooker and put the seared meat on top of the onions.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and tomato sauce in a small bowl and pour over meat in the crock pot.
- Add filtered water and white wine to the hot skillet to de-glaze it, scraping up the brown bits on the pan.
- Pour the deglazed sauce mixture on top of the meat in the slow cooker.
- Cover & Crock on Low for 6-8 hours.
Crock Pot Girl