- 4 parsnips, carrots, or potatoes; peeled and cut into rounds, large
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 lb. pork loin
- 2 T. olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 c. water
Ahh! The scents of Autumn are abundant in this healthy Pork Tenderloin. Soon to become a Fall favorite in any home!
- Mix together cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ground ginger, black pepper, garlic and sea salt in small bowl.
- Cut excess fat off the loin, and discard.
- Rub meat with olive oil then massage spice rub all over the loin.
- Turn heat on high under a medium sauté pan and add 1 T olive or coconut oil. Sear sides until browned, about 5 minutes each side.
- Put loin in the crock with root vegetables. Add water to the still hot pan and use a spoon to scrape up browned bits. Add the water to the slow-cooker. Cover and crock on HIGH 3 1/2 hours or cook LOW 5-6 hours.