- 4 chicken, breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 c. water
- 3 T. hoisin sauce
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 3 T. ketchup
- 1/4 tsp. dry ginger
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper, crushed (more or less to liking)
- 1 T. cornstarch
A favorite of many of my Facebook Friends would be Slow Cooker TSO’s Chicken. Delicious flavor and great to serve to family or guests.
- Combine water, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, ginger, and crushed red pepper.
- If you like you can use a crock pot liner.
- If you are not using the liner, spray the slow cooker with cooking spray and add chicken.
- Cover chicken with the sauce mixture.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and cut into bite sized chunks.
- While chicken is out, whisk cornstarch into the sauce to thicken. If you like your sauce thicker, slowly add cornstarch by teaspoons to desired consistency.
- NOTE: Carefully as it will thicken fast.
- Place bite sized chunks of chicken back in the slow cooker and allow to heat through for another 15 minutes.
Delicious served over rice and garnished with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
NOTE: I use a little crushed red pepper, but have it available at the table for those that like the heat!