- 2-3 lbs. free range chicken on the bone--I use thighs, legs, and breast
- 3-4 c. water
- 3-4 c. low sodium free-range chicken broth
- 1 tsp. unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1-2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 bundle fresh herbs, like rosemary & thyme, found in produce section
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 oz. Quinoa brand noodles or any other Gluten-Free noodle
Try this soup on a cool, breezy fall or winter day. This homemade classic is sure to warm your bones!
- Place all ingredients except noodles in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Crock on LOW 5 - 6 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and chicken; let chicken cool until easy to handle; remove meat from bone, shred, and place back into crock.
- Then add the gluten free rice or quinoa noodles.
- Cook another hour or until noodles are done, about 1/2 hour more.
Note: You can also cook the noodles separately and add to the crock right before serving.