- 1 c. quinoa
- 1/2 c. coconut milk
- 1/2 c. almond milk
- 1 c. filtered water
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 T. almonds, sliced
- 3 T. coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
This hearty super-food will sustain you all morning! Steel-Cut Oats will make a nice substitute if you don’t have Quinoa on hand.
- Mash banana in a small bowl then mix in the coconut palm sugar and almonds.
- Put banana mixture into a slow cooker.
- Pour quinoa in crock; cover with coconut milk, almond milk, water, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the sugar and walnut mixture into the quinoa and stir to mix.
- Cover and crock on LOW 4 – 6 hours. Quinoa will be translucent in color.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of local honey, real maple syrup, or raisins.