- 1 Gallon Milk, any kind.
- 1 c. Plain yogurt
- 1/2 c. powdered milk. (opt.)
Yogurt in your crock?! Oh yeah, baby! Easily doubled, this recipe is simple and tasty. Divide yogurt into mason jars over fruit of choice to have an accessible, healthy snack!
- Pour milk in crock. Cover and crock on HIGH for 2 hours.
- When 180° is reached, unplug crock, remove lid, and begin to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix together plain yogurt and powdered milk.
- When milk cools to 110°, add yogurt mixture and stir well.
- Replace crock lid, wrap crock in towel or blanket. Let sit for 6 hours.
- Strain liquid (whey) on top, or mix in to yogurt. Chill until cold.
Note: Easily made Vegan by substituting coconut milk, coconut milk yogurt, and agar agar flakes.