- 4 c. baked potato, peeled, cubed (1/2-inch) (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 c. tomato, cubed (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 1 c. carrot, cut diagonally (1/4-inch)
- 2 T. curry powder
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 30 oz. chickpeas, (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained (2 15 oz. cans)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 c. cilantro, chopped, fresh
- 4 green onion tops, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 c. hot cooked couscous
- 6 T. mango chutney
- 6 T. raisins
- 6 T. plain fat-free yogurt
Love the blended flavors of the Slow Cooker Curried Vegetables over Couscous. Delicious and Healthy!
- In a 4-quart slow cooker place potatoes.
- Combine tomato, onion, carrots, curry, cumin, salt, cayenne pepper, chickpeas, bell pepper and garlic in a bowl; stir well.
- Spoon over potato.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 9 hours.
- Stir in cilantro and green onions.
Note: Use veggies that are your favorite!
Serve over couscous; top with chutney, raisins, and yogurt, if you desire.