- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 5 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (5 oz. ) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 o.z) can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 T. curry powder or paste
- 1 T. garam masala
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 3 T. water
- 1 T. cornstarch
Your taste buds will be thanking you after this satisfying Slow Cooker Coconut Thai Curry with a rich depth of flavor. Not too spicy, just enough savory, and little bit sweet.
- Grease slow cooker with oil. Place the chicken, carrots, onion, and bell pepper on the bottom of slow cooker.
- Place all remaining ingredients (except water and corn starch) in blender and mix until mostly smooth. Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables, mix well, then cover and crock on LOW for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, mix cornstarch and water together in a small bowl. Pour slurry into the slow cooker, stir to combine, and continue cooking for another hour.
- Serve over jasmine rice or favorite Thai noodle, and garnish with basil or cilantro.