- 1 Medium Sized Sweet Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 T. Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Salt, or more, to taste
- 2 lb. Green Beans
- 4 Small Red Potatoes, washed and quartered
- 3 c. Chicken Broth
Green beans were once called string beans. This Slow Cooker Green Bean recipe is a southern dish, and we all know how good southern dishes are, these beans are so YUMMY!
- Wash and snap green beans, if using fresh beans. If using frozen beans, simply rinse.
- Place potatoes, onion and garlic in the bottom of a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Top with beans, broth and seasonings.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
NOTE: If you like your beans with some snap, you will not crock them as long.
Optional: If you need to make less beans for a meal, simply cut in half and use a 3-5 quart slow cooker.