- 2 T. olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 onion, yellow, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. basil, freshly chopped
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 lb. green beans, fresh or frozen, rinsed and strings removed
- 1 potato, medium, peeled, diced
- 3 c. vegetable broth, low-sodium, fat-free
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
Green beans were once called string beans. This Slow Cooker Green Bean recipe is a southern dish, and we all know how good southern dishes are, these beans are so YUMMY!
- Wash and clean your green bean, cutting out any spots you need to. Snapping them if they are fresh beans.
- Saute onion and garlic on medium-low heat until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer sauteed onion and garlic along with all other ingredients to a 5-7 quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
NOTE: If you like your beans with some snap, you will not crock them as long.
Optional: If you need to make less beans for a meal, simply cut in half and use a 3-5 quart slow cooker.