- 6 Parsnips, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 Large Red Apples, peeled and quartered
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 32 oz. Vegetable Broth
- 1 c. Water
- 2 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 1 tsp. Freshly Grated Ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- Olive oil, for garnish
This time of the year we think of warm tasty soups, and with Slow Cooker Paleo Apple and Parsnip Soup you will definitely enjoy the warm comfort of this great soup!
- Rinse leeks then slice in 2-inch pieces. Soak in water for 15 minutes to remove any excess dirt.
- Chop other vegetables while leeks are soaking.
- Place all ingredients in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Cover and crock on LOW 10-12 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
- Turn slow cooker off and remove lid.
- Remove thyme sprigs.
- Use an immersion blender and puree soup until smooth or to your desired texture. If soup is too thick, add more water or broth to your liking.
- Serve hot and garnish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil if desired.
NOTE: Can substitute vegetable broth with chicken broth.