- 6 parsnips (about 2 lb), peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 apples (we used Gala), peeled, cored, and quartered
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cans (14.5 oz each) vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- Olive oil, for garnish
This time of the year we think of warm tasty soups, and with Slow Cooker Paleo Apple and Parsnip Soup you will definitely enjoy the warm comfort of this great soup!
- Place ingredients in 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and crock on LOW 10-12 hours, or until parsnips are tender.
- Let soup cool down about 10 minutes and add to blender.
- Puree soup until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Garnish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil if desired.
NOTE: Can substitute vegetable broth with chicken broth.