- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 sweet bell peppers, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. ground cumin
- 16 oz. pkg. dry black beans
- 2 T. chipotles in adobo (from the can)
- 4 c. hot water
- 3 c. vegetable broth, hot
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tsp. sea salt
Sometimes the healthiest things come in the most flavorful packages. Nothing fancy here–Slow Cooker Spicy Black Bean Soup is just an amazing tasting soup that will truly satisfy!
- Saute onions and bell peppers over medium-high heat until slightly browned. Add garlic and cumin; saute for a minute more, then transfer mixture to a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Add dry beans and chipotles in adobo sauce. Pour hot water and broth over all.
- Cover and crock on HIGH 3-4 hours; if beans are not soft enough, crock 1 hour longer.
- Puree 1/2 of beans in blender until smooth, return to crock and mix all together. Stir in lime juice and salt. Season with extra salt and pepper to taste.
NOTE: Enjoy with a dollop of sour cream on top, diced red onion, or tomato.