- 12 oz. - 16 dry beans soup, pkg.
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- small bunch Kale, torn in small bites
- 8 oz. baby carrots
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. mild or sweet Italian sausage, ground
- 1 T. olive oil
- 28 oz. chicken broth
- 15 oz. canned stewed tomatoes
There’s nothing quite like a really amazing soup on a cold winter day. Try this Slow Cooker 16 Bean and Sausage Soup, and melt those Winter Blues!
- Slightly brown ground sausage over medium-high heat in skillet. Add onion, then garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes, but do not let garlic brown.
- Next, pour chicken broth over sausage mixture, and cook for a minute or two; then transfer all to crock.
- Add remaining ingredients except tomatoes to crock.
- Cover and crock on HIGH 2 hours, then crock 3-5 hours on LOW, or until beans are tender. Make sure this soup simmers and never boils.
- As beans expand, more broth can be added, if desired.
- Add tomatoes during final hour, and remove bay leafs before serving.
NOTE: For an even healthier version, try using ground turkey and vegetable broth.