- 2 quarts chicken broth
- Turkey carcass, skin and meat removed
- Small handful black peppercorns
- 2-3 rosemary sprigs
- 2 carrots, peeled, halved
- 3 celery stalks, halved
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 c. Leftover turkey meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 c. carrots, chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/2 c. celery, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 c. pasta, rotini
To make this amazing and flavorful broth for this Slow Cooker Day After Turkey Soup, save the leftover turkey and carcass from your Thanksgiving bird!
- Add turkey carcass to crock. Arrange onion quarters, carrot halves, celery halves, rosemary bundle, black peppercorns, and bay leaves in a slow cooker. Cover with chicken broth.
- Cover and crock on HIGH 4 hours. Next, strain broth into colander, with bowl underneath to capture broth. Discard solids. Rinse slow cooker.
- Pour broth back into slow cooker; add chopped carrots, chopped celery, chopped onion, salt and turkey meat.
- Cover and crock on LOW 3 hours more. Add pasta last ½ hour before serving.