- 4 Bunches of Collard Greens or Kale
- 2 c. Cooked, Diced Ham Steak
- 3 c. Chicken Broth
- 1 Large Yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- ground black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
A dish to quench your Southern side, these Slow Cooker Collard Greens and Ham will be a delicious addition to any main dish!
- Rinse, trim and chop the greens into medium-sized pieces.
- Fill a 6-Quart Slow Cooker with 1/2 of the prepped greens, 1/2 of the onion, and 1 c. of the diced ham.
- Repeat layer.
- Fill slow cooker with the chicken broth.
- Cover and crock on HIGH until greens begin wilting, about an hour.
- Stir in the olive oil, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.