- 4 bunches collard greens - rinsed, trimmed and chopped
- 2 c. ham, diced
- 2-3 c. free-range chicken broth
- 1 c. onion
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ground black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
A dish to quench your Southern side, these Slow Cooker Collard Greens and Ham will be a delicious addition to any main dish!
- Fill crock with 1/2 the collard greens, 1/2 cup onion, and 1 c. diced ham. Repeat layers.
- Fill crock with just enough broth to cover all ingredients.
- Cover and crock on High until greens begin wilting. Stir in the baking soda, olive oil, pepper and garlic powder. Cover, and bring to a boil on HIGH.
- Next, reduce crock to LOW and cook additional 8-10 hours.