- 1 1/2 lbs. ground sausage
- 1 onion, large, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 46 1/2 oz. black eyed peas, rinsed and drained (3 - 15 1/2 oz. cans)
- 2 1/2 c. cabbage, chopped
- 3/4 - 1 c. carrots, chopped
- 2 c. water
- 29 oz. stewed tomatoes (2 - 14 1/2 oz. cans)
- 10 oz. Rotel tomatoes
- 1 T. beef bouillon, granules
- 1 T. molasses or honey
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
Slow Cooker New Year’s Day Soup is a great soup to bring in the New Year with all the GOOD LUCK ingredients. The blend of all the flavors continues to get better as this soup sits. ENJOY!
- Brown the sausage along with the onion and garlic in your skillet.
- Transfer to your 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High for 3-4 hours.