- 1 T. olive oil
- 1oz. package of Ranch dressing mix (dry)
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 4-5 lb. Whole Chicken
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 c. of beer
Too cold to grill outside? This recipe for Slow Cooker Beer Chicken delivers a very moist and flavorful bird! (Inspired from the classic grilled recipe: Beer Can Chicken)
- Grease inside of large crock with olive oil.
- Stir butter and 1/2 the ranch dressing mix together in a bowl until completely combined.
- Carefully loosen each side of the skin of the chicken breast and spread the butter-ranch mixture under the skin. Transfer chicken, skin-side up, to crock.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 ranch dressing mix over chicken. Next, lay bacon strips evenly across bird.
- Pour beer around edges of chicken.
- Cover and crock on LOW 6-8 hours, or until chicken is tender.
NOTE: For added browning, place in an baking dish and broil for a few minutes!